When purchasing a firearm online or from someone from another state, you MUST ship it to a Federal Firearm License (FFL) dealer in order to fill out and submit the necessary paperwork required by the ATF in order to take legal possession of the firearm.


$20 per firearm plus $2 Virginia State Police Background Check

$5 for each additional firearm transferred at the same time

NFA Transfer $75 per firearm

all fees are per transaction


$30 per firearm plus $2 Virginia State Police Background Check

$5 for each additional firearm transferred at the same time

all fees are per transaction


$35 per transaction plus shipping carrier charges


1.   Find the firearm that you like.

2.   When purchasing the firearm, you will need to provide your FFL’s information.

3.   Enter C & R Firearms, LTD as the desired FFL.

4.   Contact C & R Firearms and provide the shippers contact information, details of the firearm and the order or invoice number.

5.   We will provide our FFL information to the shipper and arrange shipment.

6.   Once the firearm arrives, we will notify you via your contact information previously provided to arrange a time for pickup.

7.   After filling out the ATF form 4473 and successful background check, you will be able to take the firearm home.


The Federal law requires that you can only arrange a transfer for yourself. You may NOT arrange a transfer for someone else. If someone else is having a firearm transferred, they must contact us to initiate the transfer. The dealer sending the firearm may NOT arrange the transfer.

We only provide our transfer services to legal Virginia residents and active duty military personnel that are PCS to a base or station in Virginia.

We reserve the right to refuse acceptance of any transfer firearm, in accordance with any Federal, State, and Local laws.

We do not inspect or test fire any firearms that are being transferred.

We only accept incoming shipments from current FFL holders. We do not allow non-licensees (those without an FFL) to ship firearms to us for transfer.

As a transferee, you may be provided a tracking number for your firearms shipment and can track the delivery to our facility. All firearms must go through an administrative process before they are available for pick-up. We are required by the Federal law to record all firearms within a short, defined time period. We always strive to process all transfers as quickly as possible. Please be patient – we will notify you as soon as your firearm is ready for pick-up. As a rule, we will contact you to let you know when your firearm is ready to be picked up.

We will never hesitate to refuse a transfer or report a suspected criminal activity to the proper law enforcement agencies.

When you’re notified that your transfer firearm is available for pick-up, you will need to bring your Virginia driver’s license (or a Virginia DMV issued identification card) that displays your current residence address. Thirty days must have elapsed since the issuance of an “original” or “duplicate” driver’s license. For additional information on acceptable forms of ID, please visit the firearms/concealed handguns section of the Virginia State Police website.

If you are an active duty military permanently stationed in Virginia, you will need to bring your home state driver’s license, your military photo-identification card issued by the United States Department of Defense, and proof that Virginia is the permanent duty station via current military assignment orders.


If you are a NON-US Citizen, please bring all your immigration status documents and a valid hunting license – we will NOT transfer any firearm to NON-US citizens without these documents. 

Any items left at C& R Firearms, LTD beyond 30 days will require prior communication.  Call and speak with anyone here so we can label your firearm.   Any guns left at the store for 30 days or more without prior communication will be considered abandoned and become the legal property of C & R Firearms, LTD.

The ATF gives us broad discretion as an FFL license holder to refuse a sale or transfer.